The DataCloud interdepartmental laboratory is meant to aggregate technical, algorithmic and domain-specific souls around the following common high-level objective: to build effective data science approaches and techniques and to experiment with them to address concrete scientific problems and practical applications, considering and giving high priority to ethical and privacy considerations.
From a technological perspective, DataCloud offers a reliable data center that builds upon the computational and storage infrastructures acquired as part of the PoliCloud project.
From a methodological perspective, DataCloud relies on the following competences offered by the DEIB and DMAT departments:
- Capacity planning of Big Data Storage and Computation infrastructures
- Event processing
- Software Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Privacy, Safety, Security
- Statistics and mathematics
DataCloud technologies and methodologies are made available and exploited in a large number of application and scientific domains:
- Patient risk stratification in cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous systems diseases. Tailored therapy. Remote monitoring in fragile patients. Genomic computing. Personalized medicine (DEIB department)
- Analysis of hydrogeological risks, mobility, accessibility analysis and mapping, urban analytics (DASTU department)
- Smart Cities, Buildings and infrastructures (DABC department)
The DataCloud laboratory has been founded by the following departments at Politecnico di Milano: